BUYTEX Montreal 2010
A unique commercial networking activity
Since 2006, CTT Group has been inviting leading international buyers and/or technological partners to meet with Québec and Canadian manufacturers at EXPO HIGHTEX, the Canadian textile industry’s annual knowledge and business event. This October 6 and 7, our 25 select invited buyers and/or technological partners will be on hand in Montreal, in an environment conducive to your business development, to find innovative solutions with you that will pave the way to profitable future projects.
Why buy Canadian textiles?
The Canadian textile industry offers the following advantages:
• Centred on consumer needs
• Offers a complete range of value-added threads, fabrics and processes
• Shipments: $5.7 billion
• Exports: $2.7 billion
• Imports: $5.2 billion
• Jobs: 34,000
• Number of companies: 867
• R&D expenditures: $282 million
• Innovative products and manufacturing processes
• Capacity for rapid adaptation
• Competitive prices
• Solid experience
• Dynamic industry founded on knowledge and know-how
• Trained and qualified workforce
• Intensive and fruitful R&D activities
• High value-added products aimed at world and niche markets
• NAFTA-related advantages
• Made-to-measure styles and solutions
Because Canada ranks among the top manufacturers in the world of value-added technical textiles, ones that meet the highest standards and international specifications
Foreign corporations – Describe yourselves here!
Ideal profile of a foreign corporation
The corporation’s manufacturing, assembly or distribution activities are in one or more of the following high-priority sectors:
-Advanced protective clothing and uniforms designed for workers in public security (firefighters and police officers), energy and emergency medical services (EMS)
-Transportation: level-1, -2 or -3 suppliers, OEMs and designers or manufacturers of composites for transportation applications
Ideal profile of a buyer and/or partners
• The ideal buyer has the latitude to build reserves of technical textiles, or acts as a specifier.
• They are up on regulations governing their field and on the industry offer.
• They participate in choosing new suppliers for technical products.
• They ensure proper follow-up (to provide permanent network support).
• They are interested in innovation and specialized products.
• They anticipate their clients’ needs.
• The ideal buyer may also belong to a group that uses resistant uniforms, e.g. in the health and hygiene, logging or maritime trade sectors, or work in a place that requires specialized uniforms.
• The professional buyer must have real decision-making power.
• They must work for a credible corporation or organization, one firmly established in their country, in good financial health and ranked among the leaders in their industry (from the point of view of human resources and sales), and be committed to establishing a lasting and fruitful commercial relationship for all parties.
• The potential technological partner must have advantageous technology that promises Canadian manufacturers non-negligible commercial advantages in the medium term.
Receive valuable financial advantages
Buyers and/or selected partners receive the following advantages:
• Reimbursement of your return economy-class airfare to Montreal (maximum of C$1300)
• A maximum of three nights in the Marriott SpringHill Suites hotel (www.springhillmontreal.com) in Old Montreal
• Complete access to all activities in the Expo Hightex 2010 program (www.expohightex.com)
Click here to open your company profile form. Then return the completed form to us with a letter describing your primary motivations for attending BUYTEX 2010 and enjoying its incomparable advantages!
Canadian corporations – Sign up here!
List of recruited buyers
We keep a continually updated list of the buyers selected. Note that we are expecting 25 selected buyers and/or partners for the event, which takes place October 6 and 7 at the Bonsecours Market. To obtain an up-to-date list of buyers recruited for your consideration, click here.
You’re an exhibitor
If you’re an exhibitor at one of the two events taking place October 6 and 7 at the Bonsecours Market—Expo Hightex or Workwear Canada—, you’re automatically registered, and your entrance fee to the BUYTEX 2010 show is included in your exhibitor’s fee. Consult the list of confirmed guests here and return a selection to us. Please do this as soon as possible to ensure a meeting with your identified targets. To help you with your choice, use the document available here. A few days before the event, you’ll receive your personalized agenda by email.
You’re a visitor or delegate
If you have visitor’s or delegate’s access to BUYTEX 2010, you must pay a C$250 fee for each meeting scheduled. Consult the list of confirmed guests and return a selection to us. Please do this as soon as possible to ensure a meeting with your identified targets. To help you with your choice, use the document available here. A few days before the event, you’ll receive your personalized agenda by email. It will be accompanied by an invoice, which must be paid in full before the event. Please note that your BUYTEX attendance fee cannot be deducted from your Expo Hightex 2010 and Workwear Canada Montreal 2010 attendance fees.
Click here to download BUYTEX general information document!
Contact usMathieu Rodrigue
1 877 288-8378
1 450 778-3901
3000, rue Boullé Saint-Hyacinthe QC Canada J2S 1H9